This Whetstone is:
- Non Soaking - Splash and Go
- Medium Cutting - Great for most steels, slows down with high alloy steels
- Medium Wearing - This stone dishes somewhat, which is common for higher grit stones
- Low priced - Great for starting out!
This is our affordable alternative to the Naniwa Superstone. Just like the Superstone this polishing stone just gets the job done with no fuss. After using this stone, your knife should be able to shave hair with little difficulty. You may follow this up with 1 micron or lower strop for even more screaming sharp results.
How to use:
- Splash the whetstone with water, do not soak it.
- Add water if the stone starts to feel dry
- Begin polishing your knife in sections, do not stay in 1 section for too long.
- Polishing stones do not raise a burr that is easily felt, check progress by observing how polished the edge is.
- Repeat the same process on the other side.
- Complete the polishing process using an edge trailing stoke on the whetstone (stropping).
Results to Expect:
Your edge should achieve a high mirror polish that can easily cut a freestanding piece of paper. Shaving with this edge will be no problem either. For 100% of kitchen tasks this is sufficient!
If your edge is sharp in some areas but not in others, check that you have deburred consistently throughout the edge. Also, make sure you have a consistent sharpening angle throughout the length of the blade.
You may have microchips on the edge if your edge cannot achieve sharpness at specific points on the edge. You may use a 400 grit stone to remove these microchips.
Dimensions: 210 x 70 x 20mm
This whetstone ships from our warehouse in Singapore, for local deliveries it takes 2 days to arrive.