This Whetstone is:
- Non Soaking - Splash and Go
- High Mirror Polish - Officially this is 8000 grit, but many have pointed out it polishes like a 12000 grit stone
- Medium Wearing - This stone dishes somewhat, which is common for a polishing stone
- Buttery Smooth - This stone has an excellent tactile feel when polishing
The Kitayama produces a dense, velvety slurry that gives buttery smooth feeling when polishing your knives! This is quite unlike many high grit ceramic stones feel glass-like and provide almost no tactile feeling when polishing.
How to use:
- Splash the whetstone with water, do not soak it.
- Add water if the stone starts to feel dry
- Begin polishing your knife in sections, do not stay in 1 section for too long.
- Polishing stones do not raise a burr that is easily felt, check progress by observing how polished the edge is.
- Repeat the same process on the other side.
- Complete the polishing process using an edge trailing stoke on the whetstone (stropping).
Results to Expect:
Your edge should achieve a high mirror polish that can easily cut a freestanding piece of paper. Shaving with this edge will be no problem either. For 100% of kitchen tasks this is sufficient!
If your edge is sharp in some areas but not in others, check that you have deburred consistently throughout the edge. Also, make sure you have a consistent sharpening angle throughout the length of the blade.
You may have microchips on the edge if your edge cannot achieve sharpness at specific points on the edge. You may use a 400 grit stone to remove these microchips.
Dimensions: 205 x 75 x 26mm
This whetstone ships from our warehouse in Singapore, for local deliveries it takes 2 days to arrive.