King Deluxe 300
King Deluxe 300
This Whetstone is:
- Non Soaking - Splash and Go
- Fast Cutting - Great for hard, high-alloy steels and softer steels alike
- Hard Wearing - This stone dishes very slowly
- Reasonably priced!
Its pretty unusual for King to produce a splash and go stone but here it is! This 300 grit sharpening stone will be able to fix and repair any chips or dents you may have on the blade. This is also a great stone for setting a primary bevel as the rate of material removal is quick and the stone is fairly hard so it will not dish quickly. This stone makes a great alternative to the Naniwa Chosera 400.
Additionally, you may use this stone to remove any micro-chips or dents in your edge as a monthly maintenance routine.
How to use:
Splash the whetstone with water, do not soak it.
- Add water if the stone starts to feel dry
- Begin sharpening your knife in sections, do not stay in 1 section for too long.
- Polishing stones do not raise a burr that is easily felt, check progress by observing how polished the edge is.
- Repeat the same process on the other side.
- Complete the sharpening process using an edge trailing stoke on the whetstone (stropping).
Results to Expect:
The edge will cut paper using a "slicing" motion, but will not "push-cut" paper. Most people will prefer to follow up a 300 grit stone with a higher grit stone to achieve a more refined edge. You may proceed to a leather strop after immediately sharpening to achieve a razorsharp edge as well. This edge is usable for rough work.
If your edge is sharp in some areas but not in others, check that you have deburred consistently throughout the edge. Also, make sure you have a consistent sharpening angle throughout the length of the blade.
Dimensions: 207 x 66 x 34mm
Weight: 1003g approx.
This whetstone ships from our warehouse in Singapore, for local deliveries it takes 2 days to arrive.