This Whetstone is:
- Splash and Go, but will benefit from a brief soak in water
- Medium-Hard Stone - Has a buttery feel and great feedback
- Comes with a Nagura
- Reasonably Priced
This is a polishing stone to help finish your sharpening process and get your blades razor sharp. After using this stone, your knife should be able to shave hair with little difficulty. You may follow this up with 1 micron or lower strop for even more screaming sharp results.
Note: The wooden base is non-removable
How to use:
- Wet the surface of the sharpening stone.
- Allow water to saturate surface of the stone (1 min approx.).
- Splash stone with water whenever it feels dry.
- Begin polishing your knife in sections, do not stay in 1 section for too long.
- Polishing stones do not raise a burr that is easily felt, check progress by observing how polished the edge is.
- Repeat the same process on the other side.
- Complete the polishing process using an edge trailing stoke on the whetstone (stropping).
Results to Expect:
Your edge should achieve a high mirror polish that can easily cut a freestanding piece of paper. Shaving with this edge will be no problem either. For 100% of kitchen tasks this is sufficient!
If your edge is sharp in some areas but not in others, check that you have deburred consistently throughout the edge. Also, make sure you have a consistent sharpening angle throughout the length of the blade.
You may have microchips on the edge if your edge cannot achieve sharpness at specific points on the edge. You may use a 400 grit stone to remove these microchips.
- Stone: 72 x 210 x 22mm
- Base: 79x 252 x 27mm
Weight: 927g (incl. base)
This whetstone ships from our warehouse in Singapore, for local deliveries it takes 2 days to arrive.